The Honors Program at SF Has Its Own Librarian
-A message from Honors Librarian Diana Matthews
Hi, my name is Diana Matthews, and I serve as the library’s liaison to the Honors Program. I have been a librarian at Santa Fe College for four years, and attended University of Florida for my undergraduate work (degree in Spanish) and University of South Florida for my graduate degree (Library and Information Sciences). Besides Honors, I also serve the Humanities & Foreign Languages department, the Disabilities Resource Center, International Education, Information Technology Education, Student Development Instruction, and Veterans Affairs.
Here are some of the services I can offer you:
· Citation help – my specialty is APA, but I can help with a variety of formats
· Finding sources – I can help you learn the best ways to search, and show you how to use the library catalog, subject-specific library databases, and search tricks to get the best out of the Internet
· Evaluating resources – if you’re not sure if a resource you found is appropriate or relevant, I can help you evaluate it
· Subject specialists – our library has a designated subject specialist for each program here at Santa Fe, and I can refer you to the best librarian to help with in-depth research and consultations
· Interlibrary loan – if the library doesn’t have what you need, we can borrow almost any book from any library in the country—for free!
· Library instruction sessions – Honors faculty can request instruction tailored to their class or research project
My contact information and schedule can be found at http://people.sfcollege.edu/diana.matthews/. Please feel free to ask me for help!