“Let’s Talk” is an informal, open discussion with one of Santa Fe’s very own counselors every Tuesday from 12:30-1 p.m. in S-213.
“Let’s Talk” is designed to inform students and answer questions about counseling. It is a time to learn about the ins and outs of counseling. What does it entail? How might it help me? Where can I get it?
Here are the types of the questions that can be answered at the meeting:
- Is there more than one type of counseling?
- Which one is the best for me?
- How much does it cost?
- How do I find a therapist?
- Will counseling conflict with my religious beliefs?
- What will people think of me if they knew I was in counseling?
- Will it affect my career chances? Do I have to put it on my application?
- Just how confidential is it really?
- Are there different types of therapists?
- How often will I need to go?
- Is it like AA?
- I just want a pill! Is that ok?
- Does it work?
- Is it like what I see on TV?
- Do counselors really use a couch?
- Been there, done that… Now what?