Don’t miss the opening respection of the Annual VISUAL ARTS Faculty Show in the Santa Fe Gallery, 7-9 p.m. Friday, Nov. 20 in Building M, room 147. See paintings, sculpture, mixed media, photography and much more and enjoy entertainment by the SF Jazz Band and catering by Blue Water Bay (yum!).
Ray Hale offers up infrared photography that lends an otherworldly aspect to his subjects. Blake Harrison is showing several abstract acrylics on canvas. For a shot of elegance, take a peek at Leslie Lambert’s jewelry work. Matt Shaffer’s sculpted heads come complete with wolves, faces and other oddities erupting from the back of each head.
New adjunct, Peter Carolin, has several of his giant landscapes on display. Carolin, a mainstay with the local plein air painters, is known for his expansive recreations of local sights like the Orange Lake shoreline or Paynes Prairie.
The show will be up through Jan. 14.
- Valerie Aslakson-Jennings (mixed media collage & oil paintings)
- Stacey Breheny (oil paintings)
- Peter Carolin (oil paintings & charcoals)
- Jonathan Frey (graphite & ink drawings)
- Ray Hale (digital & infrared photos)
- Blake Harrison (acrylic paintings)
- Sue Jester (silkscreen & digital)
- Leslie Lambert (bead work/jewelry)
- Robert Malinowski (mixed media & colored pencil)
- Kate Murray (stoneware)
- Matthew Newell (mixed media, drawing and intaglio)
- Joanne Platte (mixed media)
- Matt Shaffer (ceramics)
- Patricia Telesco (metal works/jewelry)
- Christine Thompson (acrylic paintings)