Items needed for June, packing dates, and more
Temperatures are hitting 102-104 degrees in Iraq. This month’s carepaks arrived on May 14. The happy soldier in the photo is holding up Sonny’s Barbecue sauce packets. (Yum!)
Items needed for June
- Beef jerky
- Toilet paper
- Hard candy
- Cleansing wipes
Please turn in donations to your department’s drop box. Donations are picked up from the drop boxes every Thursday afternoon.
How are monetary gifts used?
Monetary gifts are critical and are used to cover shipping and packing costs and the cost of items purchased in bulk by Operation CarePak.
What does a $100 gift buy?
- Shipping for nine carepaks
- 200 pairs of white cotton socks
- 200, 1-ounce medicated Gold Bond body powders
- 140, .81 ounce individual servings of Special K
- 108 Kraft Easy Mac Original, 2.05-ounce individual servings
Shipping costs for May were $224. No gift is too small (or too large!) and every gift helps. Make checks out to “SFC-FACC Chapter” with the notation, “Operation CarePak” and send checks to Debi McElroy in F-256.
- June packing party, 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 2 in D-115 at the NW Campus (entrance is through the parking lot)
- July packing party, 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 30 in D-115 at the NW Campus
- August packing party, 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 4 in D-115 at the NW Campus
Community drop box locations
- Brame Architects, 606 NE 1st St., Gainesville; 352-372-0425. M-F, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Law offices of Wershow and Schneider, 204 SE 1st St., Gainesville; 352-378-2541; M-F, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Hospice Attic, 300 NW 8th Ave., Gainesville; 352-378-7484, M-Sat., 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Alachua County Housing Authority, D’Acosta House, 703 NE 1st St., Gainesville; 352-372-2549; contact Mike Mullis, M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Central Florida Office Plus, 10 NW 6th St., Gainesville; M-F 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Sat. 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Napolitano’s Restaurant, 606 NW 75th St., Gainesville; M-Sun, 3:30-10:30 p.m.
- Haven Hospice, 4200 NW 90th Blvd, Gainesville; M-Sun, regular business hours
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 352-395-5236
- Email email@example.com or call 352-381-3828 (w) or 352-538-2434 (c)
- Operation CarePak website at www.sfcollege.edu/operationcarepak