The students of the Radiography and Nuclear Medicine Programs are excited to promote National Radiologic Technology Week from Nov. 7-13 by sponsoring a Radiography and Nuclear Medicine Programs Open House! The open house will be from 1-4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 10 in W-11 and W-20.
- Bring something to x-ray and you can keep the image!
- Learn to use a Geiger counter! Learn about gamma rays and nuclear medicine technology
- Learn about x-rays and radiography
- Talk to current students about the radiologic profession
- See outstanding images of the human body produced by state-of-the-art imaging equipment
- Refreshments will be served
- Watch for signs in and around W-Building for specific directions.
National Radiologic Technology Week is celebrated annually to recognize the vital work of radiologic science imaging professionals across the nation. The celebration takes place each November to commemorate the anniversary of the discovery of x-rays by Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen on Nov. 8, 1895.
The week-long celebration calls public attention to the invaluable role of Nuclear Medicine Technologists, Radiographers, Radiation Therapists, and other radiologic science professionals in healthcare. It is impossible to think of the medical community doing without the radiologic profession!
The Nuclear Medicine Program began in 1972 and the Radiography Program in 1968 at Santa Fe; both programs are considered among the best in the nation. Graduates of both programs have had a tremendous impact on the quality of healthcare, not just in North Central Florida, but across the nation. Both programs boast a 99 to 100 percent pass rate on national certification exams and are accredited by both SACS and the Joint Review Committee’s on Education in Radiologic and Nuclear Medicine Education.
For more informtion about either program, please contact Health Sciences Adviser Scott Fortner at 352-395-5711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prof. Michael Fugate, for information about the open house, 352-214-2377 (cell) 352-395-5688 (office) or email@example.com
- Julie Garrett, for assistance facilitating your story, 352-870-2924 (cell) or 352-395-5430 (office) or firstname.lastname@example.org