This event is sponsored by Career Pathways Programs of Alachua County Public Schools and Santa Fe College.
From 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 11 at Buchholz High School, 5510 NW 27th Ave., students and their parents interested in local career programs and magnet programs can meet with advisors who will explain course options linking high school academic and technology coursework to college.
Everyone will receive information on application and eligibility guidelines for the 2011-2012 school year and there will be tables set up with displays from the various programs.
For more information call 352-395-5885 or visit http://www.sfcollege.edu/careerpathways/.
- Santa Fe High School: Academy of Agriscience, Institute of Biotechnology
- Buchholz High School: Academy of Entrepreneurship, Academy of Finance
- Gainesville High School: Academy of Health Professions
- Newberry High School: Academy of Criminal Justice
- Eastside High School: Institute of Culinary Arts
- Professional Academy Magnets located at Loften High School: Academy of Automotive Technology, Academy of Design Technology, Academy of Early Childhood Education, Academy of Environmental Engineering, and Academy of Fire and Emergency Medical Services
- Santa Fe College: School of Construction
Academy programs are linked to Career and Technical Education programs at Santa Fe College with the exception of Culinary Arts.