Santa Fe College will celebrate seven inspirational local women at the 24th Annual Women of Distinction and Women of Promise awards on March 1. For more than two decades, Santa Fe has honored the achievements of women from the college’s Alachua-Bradford County service district during Women’s History Month.
Women of Distinction
- Garrett Bell, long-time community volunteer and President of the Danscompany of Gainesville’s board of directors; Garrett also works in the University of Florida Athletic Association’s Gator Boosters in the Major Gifts Program – Read profile
- Teresa Drake, Director, UF Law Center on Children and Families’ Intimate Partner Violence Asisstance Clinic, which opened in May 2010 and is the first of its kind in the nation – Read profile
- Theresa Harrison, Executive Director, Peaceful Paths Domestic Abuse Network – Read profile
- Marilyn Nye-Islam, long-time community volunteer and founder of the “Holiday Traditions” concert and fund-raiser for Stop! Children’s Cancer; Marilyn is a Real Estate Broker – Read profile
- Kim Tuttle, Artistic Director for Dance Alive National Ballet – Read profile
Women of Promise
- Muna Oli, 18 – International Baccalaureate student dual-enrolled at the University of Florida and conducting cancer research using nanotechnology – Read profile
- Katelyn Sims, 20 – Santa Fe College student who has helped raise more than $80,000 for cystic fibrosis research – Read profile
Order your tickets now
The Women of Distinction luncheon is a joy-filled and inspiring event. It’s scheduled for 11:30-1:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 1 at the UF Hilton. Tickets are $35 for adults and $20 for children 12 and under. Tables of eight may be reserved for $280. Perhaps your office would like to get together and reserve a table. Also, don’t be fooled by the title. Men are most welcome at this event!
To order a ticket, please fill out the ticket order form at the Women of Distinction website and send it to Cheryl Farrell with your check. For more information, contact Event Coordinator Cheryl Farrell at 352-395-5181.
Julie Garrett, media relations, for the women’s contact information, etc. – 352-870-2924 (cell) or 352-395-5430 (ofice) or firstname.lastname@example.org