Adjunct Professor Vanessa Wilson in Business Programs at Santa Fe College (and the wife of AA Advisor Brandon Wilson) was recently chosen for YouTube’s NextUp program for up-and-coming YouTube Partners with a growing fan base and great content who are ready to become the next stars. She won $35,000 to improve her channel, among other things.
Wilson’s YouTube channel is:
“I feature sewing, quilting, cooking and baking video tutorials,” Wilson writes. “I have only been on YouTube for 1.5 years and have reached almost 600,000 views and over 3,200 subscribers.”
The YouTube NextUp program is a new initiative to help develop the next generation of leading YouTube Partners through funding, hands-on training, promotion and exclusive mentoring. The 25 YouTubers selected from across the country — kudos, Vanessa! — made it through three rounds for final selection.
Each winner gets:
- $35,000 to advance their overall YouTube careers
- A spot at a week-long YouTube Creator Camp in New York City in which they’ll benefit from one-on-one mentoring and learn an array of production techniques from leading industry and YouTube experts
- Promotion of their final work and channel
- The opportunity to become better connected with a special community of aspiring and talented content creators from around the world
- Professor Vanessa Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julie Garrett, media relations, for assistance facilitating your story, 352-395-5430 or 352-870-2924 (cell) or email@example.com