Submission deadline Aug. 5
All Santa Fe students, faculty, staff and alumni are invited to enter the Student Life Art Gallery’s photography competition called “Exposure.Focus.” The juried exhibit for Alachua and Bradford counties aims to bring a rich visual sample of where we live, work and play. Answer the calling!
Please enter up to two submissions in one of the following categories:
- Prints – (submit prints only if images were not taken with a digital camera) Submit no more than two prints; unframed prints must be 8 ½” x 11” OR 11”x 17”. The SL Art Gallery has mats and frames to fit photographs of these two sizes; other size prints will be accepted but must be framed and ready to hang.
- Digital files – (preferred submission type) Submit no more than two digital files; each file constitutes a single entry. All files should be sized or scanned at a 300 dpi resolution. All files must be saved in JPG format. Disks will not be returned. Accepted entrants must be willing to provide largest size/best quality possible digital files for exhibition.
- Must be a currently enrolled Santa Fe student, alumni, faculty or staff.
- All photographs must have been taken within Alachua and/or Bradford County in the last 2 years. Photographs may be of people, places, events — anything that embodies Alachua and Bradford.
- All photographs must be accompanied by the entry form and contain a brief artist’s statement. If submitting via email, please include all information requested on the entry form.
Awards will be presented at the opening mixer scheduled for noon Wednesday, Sept. 7. Students and gallery visitors will vote for their favorite photograph from each category; 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be determined.
Accepted submissions will be displayed in the Student Life Art Gallery located in S-141.
The deadline for all entries is Friday, Aug. 5. Send by email to Krista Froiseth or deliver them to Krista in the Student Life Art Gallery, S-147 on the NW campus. For more information, contact Krista Froiseth at 352-381-3717.