It’s never too early to learn the Santa Fe ethic of generosity — even if you’re a preschooler!
The children at Santa Fe’s Little School are raising money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital to help children with cancer.
Last year, they raised $520. St. Jude spent $438 providing oxygen for a day to the children under treatment, and the rest was spent for research. At present, five children from Alachua County and 932 children from Florida are under treatment at St. Jude.
The Little School’s Trike-A-Thon will take place Friday, Dec. 9, from 9-11:50 a.m. on the sidewalk around Little School beach (sand) playground. Children will be given the opportunity to ride a tricycle for the fundraiser. If you’d like to watch and cheer them on as they make their laps, you are most welcome! Please feel free to give any amount you are willing to donate to St. Jude.
- 9-9:20 a.m. – Ms. Snehal’s and Ms. Breann’s Class
- 9:25-9:45 a.m. – Ms. Najat’s and Ms. Donna’s Class
- 9:50-10:10 a.m. – Ms. Margret’s Class
- 10:15-10:35 a.m. – Ms. Deborah’s Class
- 10:40-11 a.m. – Ms. Yvonne’s Class
- 11:05-11:25 a.m. – Ms. Mary’s Class
- 11:30-11:50 a.m. – Ms. Young Min’s Class
Thanks for your support of this worthwhile event. If you can’t make it to the fundraiser but would like to support their efforts, please send a check made out to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital to event coorinator Nuzhat Shamim or Dr. Karen Bennett at the Little School.