Dear Online Faculty,
Please join your colleagues for the following webinar sponsored by the Center for Instructional Design and Academic Technologies. The webinar will be held in P266 (seating is limited, so come early if you can). Following this one hour presentation, we will have a 30 minute discussion regarding the content and implications of the presentation.
Teaching Evaluations in Online Classrooms—It Can be Done!
Oct. 9, 2012 – 2:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time
· What constitutes effective online teaching?
· How is the quality of online teaching evaluated on your campus?
At Lake Superior College, a team of experienced online faculty and an administrator with years of online teaching experience tackled this sensitive topic, researching best practices to develop a new process and a new rubric for the administrative evaluation of online teaching. The process has gained strong support of both faculty and administration.
· The presenters will discuss the online teaching evaluation process from both the faculty and administrative perspective.
· They will introduce participants to the evaluation rubric and share examples of online faculty evaluations.
· Participants will gain information about best practices in online teaching evaluation and ideas for developing an evaluation process and rubric.
· Copies of all evaluation documents, including the evaluation rubric and criteria, will be made available.