Several Santa fe College employees attended the AFC convention held Oct. 31 – Nov. 2. SF’s AFC chapter received an award for over 50% membership and a plaque for Gold Chapter based on our activities documented in our Chapter book.
- Tom Mason was awarded the Unsung Hero for our Chapter and was installed as 2013 Region Director.
- Santa Fe College Facilities won the Facilities Commission Overall Best Practice Award, along with a $500 check, for leadership in energy conservation and renewable energy.
- The Multicultural Student Center’s “Cultural Awareness Program Series” was selected as a finalist for the 2013 Student Development Commission (SDC) Exemplary Practice award. Myrna Cabrera-Rivero will present on this topic at the 2013 SDC Conference at Pasco-Hernando Community College.
- Jenny Lackey and Lara Zwilling were re-appointed to the SDC Executive Board in their roles of Public Relations Director and Ways & Means Director, respectively, for 2013. I was appointed Membership Chair for the SDC.
- The Lawrence W. Tyree Library is proud to accept the Exemplary Practice Award from the Learning Resources Commission of AFC for the “Library Research Award.” This is the fourth exemplary practice award the library has won, and is especially meaningful because it was chosen by our peers.
- AFC and NCMPR awards won in 2011-2012 by the Communications and Creative Services team:
Arts Brochure – 2nd place
Poster – 1st place
Advertising Print – 2nd place
Specialty advertising- 2nd place
Best photography in a printed piece – 1st place and 2nd place
Newsletter – 1st place