As the new term begins, we would like to remind faculty and staff to review the parking regulations below. With an employee parking decal, you may park in any designated parking other than police, fire or disabled parking. Lots 1 and 1A require a special permit.
Parking and Traffic Control
To maintain safety and to minimize parking inconvenience the following traffic regulations are enforced by the Santa Fe Police Department.
- The speed limit on campus is 20 mph.
- At present Santa Fe does not require a decal for students or charge a fee for parking. However, there are several area lots reserved for faculty parking and the faculty members who park in these lots are given decals. Students are not permitted to park in the faculty lots. Citations will be issued to those who violate the faculty parking. Reserved parking for faculty zones are designated by blue marking.
- Handicapped zones are enforced at all times. Handicapped violations are $100.
- Parking in a service drive for the purpose of loading or unloading will require a special permit which can be obtained from the Police Department.
- Parking on the grass is forbidden. The only exceptions are:
- When a grassy area is designated for a new parking lot and is clearly marked.
- When a one-time special event requires parking on the grass and usage is authorized.
- Santa Fe requires motorcycle riders to park their vehicles in the areas designated as motorcycle zones.
- Bicycle racks are provided. Bikes may not be taken into buildings or parked anywhere other than in these racks. Bicycle traffic shall be restricted to those roadways open to motor vehicles. All other sidewalks, passageways, concourses, and hallways are closed to bicycle traffic unless clearly marked and designated for such traffic.
- Skateboards, scooters, roller skates, and in-line skates may not be ridden anywhere on the property of Santa Fe College.
Those who violate these regulations will be issued citations by Santa Fe Police/Security through rule 6.8 of the college administrative rules manual. Failure to make payment for citations issued may result in the holding of transcripts, flagging of records and the booting of vehicle. Payment of citations is made to the college cashier’s office located in the Robertson Administration Building.