ITS will be moving faculty and staff email to Office 365 between now and May 15, 2014. Office 365 is a Microsoft cloud-based service that offers email, personal storage, web conferencing and SharePoint.
Your email is not changing; only the location is changing. You will continue to access Exchange email, calendar and contacts through Outlook and/or Webmail (a.k.a. Outlook Web Access). The login process for Webmail will change and it will have a different look but everything else is the same. The biggest change will notice is the amount of email storage you will have allocated. Instead of the current 1-2 GB of storage, you will receive 50 GB of storage.
In addition, you will receive 25 GB of personal web storage (OneDrive), Office web apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote), web conferencing (video conferencing, screen sharing and instant messaging) and SharePoint. Web conferencing and SharePoint will not be implemented until fall term.
Why are we moving email to office 365?
- Continuity of operations – you will have access to your email and files regardless of location and device used
- Increased functionality – share files, work collaboratively and conduct meetings over the web
- Cost savings – no hardware costs and no software maintenance
- Future services – department SharePoint portals and team sites
When and how will my email be moved to Office 365?
- ITS will move email accounts by department between now and May 15th with all faculty being moved before the end of spring term
- ITS will notify you 2-3 days in advance of moving your email account
- ITS will move your email folders, calendars and contacts; and provide desktop setups, if necessary
- You will be responsible for moving your files from your U drive and PC to your OneDrive and for setting up your personal devices to access your email
Where can I find help?
- Contact the ITS Help Desk at 352.395.5999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the ITS website for more information (http://www.sfcollege.edu/its/index.php)