On Friday, Nov. 13 from 6-10 p.m., a partnership of Santa Fe College Astronomy, University of Florida Astronomy, the Florida Museum of Natural History, the Kika Silva Pla Planetarium, and the Alachua Astronomy Club, Inc. will present Starry Night 2015. This annual event will be held at the Florida Museum of Natural History and will be FREE and open to the public.
There will be fun activities for all ages including:
- Professional astronomers to answer your questions
- Prizes such as tickets to the Kika Silva Pla Planetarium and astronomy items from NASA
- James Albury (co-host of the PBS television series “Star Gazers” and director of the Kika Silva Pla Planetarium) will be sharing his experiences on the television program and show audiences upcoming episodes of the program.
- SPACE ROCKS! An exhibit in which you will be able to interact with real meteorites from space
- Astro-wall, a 3D display of the universe.
- Space art exhibit
- Telescopes will be set up outside (weather permitting) to view planets and stars
- And much more!
Food and drink vendors will be onsite.
Friday, November 13, 2014 – (6– 10 p.m.) Starry Night at the Florida Museum of Natural History
For more information, contact Kika Silva Pla Planetarium coordinator James C. Albury at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-395-5381, or the Florida Museum of Natural History at 352-273-2062.