The Santa Fe Singers will celebrate the winter holidays in concert with “‘Songs of the Season” at 7:30 p.m. Thurs., Dec. 3, 2015, in the Fine Arts Hall at the Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83 Street, Gainesville.
Tickets are $15 main floor and $12 balcony for adults; $9 for seniors, children and University of Florida students; and free for Santa Fe College faculty, staff and students with college identification cards. For ticket information, call the Box Office at 352-395-4181 or visit the Fine Arts ticket website at:
Under the direction of Music Professor Lynn Sandefur, the Santa Fe Singers will perform selections from different decades and different styles of holiday favorites including classical, jazz, pop, rock, and gospel, including:
- “Carol of the Bells,” a holiday favorite.
- “Al Shlosha D’Varim,” a Hebrew folk song.
- Selections from Disney’s 2013 movie “Frozen.”
- Jazz arrangements “Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town” and “Frosty the Snowman.”
- Heartwarming renditions of “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” and “The First Noel.”
- Broadway selections including “We Need a Little Christmas” from “Mame.”
- The holiday standards “Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella” and “O Holy Night.”
- A premier work by SF College Music Professor Dr. Sheila Forrester.
Joan Freese, a former SF College student, will be spotlighted on stage as she uses American Sign Language to interpret the concert for people with hearing impairments.
The Santa Fe Band, under the direction of Professor Steven Bingham, Ph.D., will accompany the Santa Fe Singers. Professor of Piano Dr. Mitch McKay will also join the singers.
“Songs of the Season” is sponsored in part by the SF College Fine Arts Department and the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture and Visit Gainesville, a Tourist Development Tax Grant from the Alachua County Board of County Commissioners in conjunction with the Alachua County Tourist Development Council.
For more information about “Songs of the Season,” call Music Professor Lynn Sandefur at 352-381-3639.
For more information about Santa Fe College’s Fine Arts Programs or the Fine Arts Hall, call Fine Arts Department Chairperson Alora Haynes, 352-395-5296.