Today kicks off our new SF Wellness program: Small Steps, Big Results.
Join Beverly Polk at 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. in front of the SF Tyree Library for a 1-mile walk. If it is raining during the scheduled walks, meet Beverly in front of the Financial Aid office and participants will walk under the covered breezeway.
Below you will find the schedule of the upcoming events.
Our 2017 Wellness Committee members are:
- Lela Frye – Director, Human Resources
- Sharon Whitcraft – Academic Chair, Allied Health Programs
- Heather Domin – Purchasing Assistant
- Oralia Gamino – Academic Assistant, Biological Science
- Scott Jamison – Associate Director, Athletics
- Debbie Reid – Professor, ITE Programming Technology
- Kellie Hidalgo – Fitness Center Manager
The Wellness team realizes that not all employees have the ability to participate in the scheduled events; therefore, we are offering alternative options. If you are unable to attend one of the scheduled events, you can visit the Santa Fe College Fitness Center and work out for a minimum of 15 minutes, or you can walk a mile to earn points for that week’s event. You are eligible to earn points toward your Blue Rewards as long as you send me an email listing the date and activity you participated in. See the schedule of events for the six-week program listed below.
Don’t forget your walking shoes!