May 16, 2017 – For the second straight year, Gainesville Regional Utilities (GRU) is offering two “Brighter Tomorrow” scholarships for current and prospective Santa Fe College students who have selected engineering as their program of study.
The scholarships are valued at $1000 per year for up to four years. The deadline to apply is June 30, 2017. The first disbursement of funds will be in Fall 2017.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply. Students must:
- Have graduated from an Alachua County public high school.
- Be planning to enroll or already enrolled at Santa Fe College.
- Be planning to enroll at the University of Florida after graduating from SF.
- Be a member of an underrepresented demographic.
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Have selected Engineering as a program of study.
A Santa Fe College ID number is required to apply for this scholarship. Students who do not have the required card may get one by completing the free Santa Fe College admission application at:
To apply for the Brighter Tomorrow Scholarship, go to:
Questions should be directed to the Vice President for Student Affairs, Dr. Naima Brown, at 352-395-4477.