March 1, 2018 – Santa Fe College will be closed from 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 2, until 8 a.m. Monday, March 12, 2018, for spring break. Here are a few things to remember before turning out the lights:
- All SF employees should create an automatic out-of-office email reply indicating that the college is closed for winter break. An example message might read: “Thank you for your message. Santa Fe College will be closed from 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 2, until 8 a.m. Monday, March 12, 2018, for spring break. When I return to my desk I will be happy to get in touch with you.”
- All SF employees should place an out-of-office voicemail message on their phones indicating that the college is closed and when they will be back in the office. If you need instructions for changing your voicemail, ask around your department or check out the online instructions for your phone. There is a list of phones installed on campus on the ITS website: https://www.sfcollege.edu/its/hardware/index
- ITS and the SFPD will also be testing the Emergency Notification System during the break. The test is scheduled for Monday, March 5, 2018, and will include activating audible sirens on the Northwest Campus. This is a follow-up to the testing that was done Friday, Feb. 16. This will only be a test of the system, SF employees will not need to respond to any notifications they may receive Monday, March 5.
- Sunday, March 11, (the day before we return from spring break) is the start of daylight saving time. Be sure to move your clocks forward one hour, or you will find yourself showing up one hour late Monday, March 12.
- Before coming on campus or any of the centers during the break, contact the SFPD on the non-emergency line at 352-395-5519. The SF Police Department is open 24/7 and will remain operational during the break.
The college will resume normal business operations Monday, March 12, 2018.
Have a happy and safe spring break!