February 8, 2019 – Santa Fe College’s Athletics department will honor eight retiring SF faculty and staff members during the Saints basketball games Wednesday, Feb. 13, recognizing them for their decades of service to the institution and its students. This year’s group of retirees has a combined 192 years of service to the college.
The retiring faculty and staff are invited to join the SF Athletics department at 5:30 p.m. at the SF Gym, Building V, Room 16 for complimentary food and drinks. At halftime of the women’s game, approximately 6:30 p.m., the retirees will be honored. President Dr. Jackson Sasser and SF Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Naima Brown will present them with a token of appreciation for their dedicated service to the college.
The 2019 Santa Fe College retirees and their years of service to the college are:
- Joel Pearson – Police Officer – 16 years
- Alicia Vonlehe – Professor, Humanities and English (Spanish) – 20 years
- Scott Fortner – Advising Specialist, Health Sciences – 21 years
- Joan Moore – Advising Specialist – 22 years
- Mary Thames – Advising Specialist, Health Sciences – 22 years
- Mapi Cuevas – Professor, Natural Sciences (Chemistry) – 28 years
- Beverly Hurst – Nursing Simulated Labs Support Specialist – 29 years
- Steve Williamson – Manager, Systems and Datacenter Information and Technology Services – 34 years
The Saints women’s basketball game tips off Wednesday at 6 p.m., with the men’s game starting at approximately 8 p.m. Both teams are hosting Daytona State College.