November 13, 2019 – The Santa Fe Singers, directed by Music professor Lynn Sandefur, will present their annual “Songs of the Season” concert at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019, in the Santa Fe College Fine Arts Hall.
Tickets are $15 for adults; $9 for University of Florida students with a UF identification card, seniors over 60, and children 12 and under; $5 for Santa Fe College (SF) students with an SF ID; and free for Santa Fe College faculty, staff and retirees with a valid SF ID. For information or tickets, call 352-395-4181 or visit www.sfcollege.edu/finearts.
“‘Songs of the Season’ is an annual tradition here at the college,” Sandefur explained. “The singers perform holiday favorites that have been loved for years by old and young alike. Please plan to come and enjoy the happy and loving spirit of the season.”
The chorus, ensembles and soloists will be accompanied by live music provided by SF Music Professors Dr. Steve Bingham directing the Santa Fe College Band; Dr. Mitch McKay, piano; Dr. David Smith, assistant band director; and Dr. Garrett Hecker, percussion.
This year’s program includes:
- A new and exciting arrangement of “Ding Dong Merrily on High” that was arranged for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with two pianos and chimes.
- “Sim Shalom” (“Grant Peace”) from a traditional Hebrew Prayer in the Jewish liturgy, referring to the personal peace bestowed by God.
- A hauntingly beautiful “Silent Night” inspired by Erik Satie’s instrumental composition,”Gymnopédie No. 1.”
- A contemporary and edgy arrangement of the much-loved carol, “The First Noel.”
- “Where Are You, Christmas?” inspired by the group Pentatonix.
- A song made famous by The Andrews Sisters, “Jing- a-Ling Jing-a-Ling.”
- Santa and The Grinch!
For more information about “Songs of the Season,” call Sandefur at 352-381-3639.