December 17, 2019 – Santa Fe College will be closed for winter break from Thursday, Dec. 19, 2019, through Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020. Here are a few things to remember before turning out the lights:
- All SF employees should create an automatic out-of-office email reply indicating that the college is closed for winter break. An example message might read: “Thank you for your message. Santa Fe College will be closed from Thursday, Dec. 19, 2019, through Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020, for winter break. When I return to my desk at 8 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 2, 2020, I will be happy to get in touch with you.”
- All SF employees should place an out-of-office voicemail message on their phones indicating that the college is closed and when they will be back in the office. If you need instructions for changing your voicemail, ask around your department or check out the online instructions for your phone. There is a list of phones installed on campus on the ITS website: https://www.sfcollege.edu/its/training/phones.
- Make sure you remove any perishable items from office refrigerators and take them home with you. You may also want to consider taking any plants you keep in the office home as well.
- Garage Sale Style and A-Frames should be brought inside by the individual departments. Notify Facilities of any hanging signs that need to be removed.
- Please double check that windows in your area are closed and latched. Lower any shades. Close any vertical blinds.
- If it is possible to bring a golf cart indoors, please do so. Contact Facilities for the best outdoor places to park a golf cart.
- Before coming on campus or any of the centers during the break, contact the SFPD on the non-emergency line at 352-395-5519. The SF Police Department is open 24/7 and will remain operational during the break.
The college will resume normal business operations Thursday, Jan. 2, 2020.
Have a happy and safe winter break!