- How to Find Community
- Community News
- Community Heroes
- Event: Women of Pride Panel June 17
- Event: World Refugee Day June 20
- What to Watch: 8 LGBTQ Documentaries to Watch During Pride Month
Virtual Pride Pet Parade Call for Submissions
Students submit photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for pride pet parade at the end of the month.
This Weeks: Week 3 Trivia:
- Where in the world does the largest Pride parade take place?
- Pride month has only been acknowledged by which two presidents?
- First openly gay elected official?
- When is National Coming Out Day?
- When did “don’t ask don’t tell“ end?
Week 2 Trivia Answers:
- Who designed the Pride flag? Gilbert Baker
- What do the colors on the current Pride Flag stand for? Life, Healing, Sunlight, Nature, Serenity, Spirit
- What was the first country to legalize same-sex marriage? The Netherlands
- When was the first gay and lesbian march in Washington? 1965
- What color ribbon was adopted as a symbol for HIV/AIDS awareness? Red
Week 1 Trivia Answers:
- What does Pride month commemorate? The Stonewall Riots
- What year did the American Psychology Association remove homosexuality from its list of mental disorders? 1973
- What do the letters in LGBTQIA+ stand for? Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Plus
- When was same-sex marriage legalized in the U.S.? June 26, 2015
- What was the first state to outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation? Wisconsin