ATTENTION STUDENTS! Ideas Needed for “SF Students Respond to Racial Injustice”
Do you have thoughts about the problems of racial injustice or ideas about possible solutions to those problems? Would you like to express those ideas or see them expressed in a creative way? If so, check this out:
The Santa Fe College Fine Arts Department is requesting proposal ideas by Wed., Sept. 2, 2020, for instrumental music, songs, dances, art, poems and stories that could be included in the department’s fall showcase performance via online video on Oct. 30-31, 2020.
If your idea is accepted, you will be paired with a faculty mentor who will help you transform that idea into a performance piece or featured artwork.
If you are interested in submitting an idea, email Alora Haynes in the Fine Arts Department for an idea proposal form, alora (dot) haynes (at) sfcollege (dot) edu.
FYI, here is a timeline of activities related to this 2020 project:
- Call for Proposals WEDNESDAY, September 2 – Deadline for submissions and Zoom Meeting with Student Presenters ONLY at 5 p.m.
- September 8 – Either meet in FAH, TUESDAY, 5 p.m., or virtual meeting for all Mentors and Presenters – mentors will be paired with one, two, or more presenters immediately following the meeting. Only virtual if we leave our current level.
- September 9-29 – Mentors meet with presenters weekly to develop ideas—poems, stories, instrumental music, songs, dances, art (time lapse of being created, with narration).
- September 30 – Presenters turn in proposals or works in progress.
- October 5-9 – Final change deadline for all presentations. Works are curated and programmed for final presentation.
- October 9-28 – Audio and visual editing of footage.
- October 30 and 31, 7:30 p.m. – Online video presentation start times.
Note: Should you have to leave this process for any reason, works in progress will be viewable in a SF YouTube presentation; such works can be developed for future presentation.
For more information, contact Alora Haynes: email@example.com.