November 3, 2020 – Video-based telemental health is a rapidly growing field and the Board Certified – Telemental Health Provider (BC-TMH) credential provides mental health providers with the training, knowledge and credibility needed to serve the students at Santa Fe College.
Developed by the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) the BC-TMH certification ensures that SF students will continue receiving the highest level of mental health services, no matter where they are in Florida.
To be eligible for this credential, every counselor at SF Counseling Center, including the Director and the Coordinator, were required to take an approved 10.5 hour CCE training course. The required course content included:
- Introduction to Telemental Health
- Presentation Skills for Telemental Health
- HIPAA Compliance for Telemental Health
- Best Practices in Video Telemental Health
- Crisis Planning & Protocols in Video Telemental Health
- Choosing and Using Technology in Telemental Health
- Orienting Clients/Patients to Telemental Health
- Direct-to-Consumer Telemental Health
- Telemental Health Settings and Care Coordination
After taking this course, the counselors were required to submit the BC-TMH application and pass the Telemental Health Exam, which they all did on their first attempt.
SF Counseling Center counselors are committed to providing board certified telemental health via Zoom and phone. Contact them at 395-5508 or email@example.com.