January 29, 2021 – The Santa Fe College Fitness Center will reopen for students, faculty and staff Monday, Feb. 1, with new hours of operation and safety procedures.
Any member of the SF community who would like to utilize the Fitness Center resources, will need to read and review the following guidelines. Admittance into the facility is by appointment only, and all SF policies and procedures will be strictly enforced in order to create a safe environment for patrons amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
SF Fitness Center Appointments
- Use of the Fitness Center will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY. No walk-ups will be admitted!
- Time slots will need to be reserved through the virtual lobby. There is also a link to the virtual lobby on the SF Fitness Center webpage
- Patrons will select a designated time slot of 1 hour and 30 minutes (Full hours and available time slots are designated on the virtual lobby). The first hour and 15 minutes is to work out, with the last 15 minutes of each time slot to be used as a sanitization period. You are required to wipe your own equipment down after use, while staff will utilize the 15-minute window to prepare for the upcoming guests.
While at the Fitness Center
- Locker rooms will be closed, other than for restroom usage. Patrons are encouraged to come to the Fitness Center prepared to work out and limit the number of personal items brought into the facility.
- A mask will be required at all times, unless actively exercising. SF Protocol: Face Coverings
- A valid SF ID card must be presented.
- Temperatures will be taken. If the temperature recorded is higher than 100.4 F, then the patron will be asked to leave the building and follow all SF COVID-19 Protocols: COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Please keep at least six-feet of distance between other people in all workout rooms, hallways and locker rooms, and when possible, keep a distance of 12 feet.
- Even if an individual does not arrive at the scheduled start time (Ex. 12:30 p.m.), the allotted time to exercise will still end in one hour and 15 minutes (Ex. 1:45 p.m.). This schedule will be strictly followed for cleaning purposes and for the next guests.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available in every room. Please wipe down equipment after use.
- Patrons will not be permitted to enter a Fitness Center room if it is already at full capacity.
- On days where there are athletic events in the gymnasium, the Fitness Center may close early to allow for preparation of the gymnasium under COVID-19 guidelines. The Virtual Lobby hours will be adjusted accordingly on those days.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Time slots will be 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 12:30-2 p.m., 2-3:30 p.m. and 3:30-5 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 2-8 p.m.
Time slots will be 2-3:30 p.m., 3:30-5 p.m., 5-6:30 p.m. and 6:30-8 p.m.
If you have any further questions, please contact Fitness Center Manager, Tyler Hagin at firstname.lastname@example.org.