March 2, 2021 – Santa Fe College’s Center for Academic Technologies and Training invite faculty to join in two training opportunities with national accessibility experts in learning to make your courses and meetings more inclusive for everyone.
- Universal Design in Online Education – Wednesday, March 3, from 3-4:30 p.m.
- Designing an inclusive and accessible online course is an ongoing and creative process. In this online training, Dawn Hunziker, Senior IT Accessibility Consultant at the University of Arizona, will offer strategies for using the principles of universal design to create a more inclusive learning environment for all of your students.
- Use this link to join: https://uark.zoom.us/j/83947768062?pwd=bVByRlZ6dVIvS24rdlljUWdYZkNCZz09
- Making Your Live Zoom Class Accessible – Thursday, March 4, from noon-1:30 p.m.
- While Zoom provides several features that enhance accessibility, there are things that we all can do to make our meetings and classes more accessible. In this training, Korey Singleton, Assistive Technology Initiative Manager at George Mason University, will provide participants with strategies for creating a more inclusive experience for all students when using Zoom.
- Use this link to join: https://uark.zoom.us/j/85934334561?pwd=amxBa0lPTjZLN0E2SENEUUdCZDM4Zz09.