March 22, 2021 – Santa Fe College’s annual Spring into Wellness event began on March 1, and will run for a total of five weeks. All full and part-time employees are eligible to participate in the Spring into Wellness event. This week’s focus will be on Mental Wellness and you will have until Monday, March 29, to complete the scheduled activities and submit your confirmation. Below, you will find the list of scheduled activities for Week 4.
More information about the Spring into Wellness event, as well as healthy recipes, new fun fitness ideas, and more, can be found under the Well Santa Fe team on Teams.
WEEK 4: MENTAL WELLNESS
- Social Challenge – Make time for a friend or a new connection. Reach out to someone via teams, email or just pick up the phone to take some time to connect with a coworker.
- Make time for you – Take some time to do something just for yourself. Take a bubble bath and unwind, read a book, do a puzzle, whatever sparks joy.
- Check out the EAP – There are several articles on the EAP about mental health. Log on to the EAP and read an article on one of the below topics.
- Making self-care a priority
- The benefits of mindfulness
- Relaxation techniques
- Practicing gratitude to produce happiness
- Mastering the benefits of positive thinking
- Download a free mediation or mindfulness app – Download a free meditation or mindfulness app to help manage your daily stress. Love it, send us a message so that we might share with others.
There is still time to submit your activities for Week 3 and qualify for the weekly drawing. As a reminder, each week participants must choose two activities from the scheduled events as well as perform some type of physical activity. The physical activity may be walking, participating in a workout video, horseback riding, swimming, gardening, running, lifting weights or any other form of physical activity and will be confirmed via a selfie. For those that are on campus, we have a campus map that shows different paths and their distance that can be found under our Well Santa Fe team on Teams. Please remember, we recommend that you consult your physician or other health care professionals before engaging in or increasing any kind of exercise.
Once you have completed the scheduled events and your physical activity for the week, send your selfie and confirmation of the completed events by email to Human.Resources@sfcollege.edu. Employees who submit confirmation of their participation in two of the week’s events as well as their selfie, will be entered into that week’s drawing and the grand prize drawing (maximum five entries per employee).