In recognition of Domestic Violence Awareness Month and Purple Thursday, SF Student Affairs is holding a panel discussion via Zoom.
The panelists will include survivors of domestic violence and community advocates. Purple Thursday is a national day of action each October during Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Wear purple on Thursday, October 21st and attend the discussion on Zoom from 1-2 p.m. If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, the National Domestic Violence Hotline is 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).
- Chief Ed Book, Santa Fe College Police Department
- Tracey Hickmon, Rebuilding & Community Outreach Coordinator for Black on Black Crime Task Force, Gainesville Police Department
- Michele Maxwell, SF Student
- Crystal Sorrow, Director of Child and Youth Services at Peaceful Paths Domestic Violence Agency
- Boisy Waiters, Academic Coach for Veterans, Student Support Services
- Moderated by JoAnn Wilkes, Coordinator of SF’s Displaced Homemakers Program