TRIO Student Support Services, in collaboration with the Admissions department, invites all first-gen college students at Santa Fe College to pick up a “First in My Family” sticker from any of its program offices.
- When: November 8-10
- Time: 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Where: Team members from the SSS Classic and STEM3S programs will be available at the TRIO Hub, L-051, to provide information or answer any questions about the program.
Students who have served in the U.S. Military, are invited to visit the SERVE program team Building R, Room 110.
Scholar Perk: Current SSS, STEM3S or SERVE participants can request an appointment to file or renew FAFSA with the assistance of an Academic Coach.
Student Support Services are federally funded programs designed to increase college retention and graduation rates by assisting students in navigating the various aspects of college life. To be eligible students must be a citizen or national of the United States or meet the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance. They must be enrolled at Santa Fe College or accepted for enrollment for the next term and must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- First generation college students are defined as students whose parents have not received a bachelor’s degree · Income Eligible (Most Pell Grant recipients)
- Registered with the Disabilities Resources Center
- STEM-Must be enrolled in an approved STEM major, review the list on the website
- SERVE-Must be a U.S. Military Veteran
- Not have an A.A. or A.S. degree
Visit the website to learn more and to apply: https://www.sfcollege.edu/studentaffairs/trio/support/index