March 20, 2023 – By popular demand, Santa Fe College’s Student Affairs and Human Resources are partnering together to bring the highly acclaimed trainer Pat Murphy back to SF! As he did in December 2022, Pat will be offering Essential Skills for Newer Managers.
There are two different opportunities for staff to participate. Select either Friday, March 31, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. OR Monday, April 3, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
This training is beneficial for new managers and can also serve as an impactful refresher course. Both sessions will be offered via zoom and will includea 30-minute lunch break.
The course outline is below.
- 7 Guidelines to help earn respect
- Setting clear expectations.
- Building a culture of accountability on your team.
- Supervising your peers / friends
- Performance GAPS – When employees are not meeting expectations
- Teaching employees a new skill
- Preventing miscommunication
- Having tough conversations
- Motivating employees
Pat has designed SF-specific workbooks for this training, and he will email them in advance. The workbooks are fillable and provide participants with the option of completing on their computer or printing a hard copy.
Anyone with an SF email can use the form below to sign up for the session that works best for them. Note that each of the two sessions are limited to 15 persons for a total of 30 trainees in the Spring 2023 cohort.