September 18, 2023 – Gainesville Regional Utilities is offering three “Brighter Tomorrow” scholarships for current and prospective Santa Fe College (SF) students who have selected engineering (or an engineering-related field) as their program of study.
The scholarships are valued at $1000 per year for up to four years. The first disbursement of funds are in Fall of each academic year.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Have graduated from an Alachua County public high school or be a college bound senior attending a public high school within the greater Gainesville Area (Alachua County)
- Be planning to enroll at or already be enrolled at Santa Fe College (SF) in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) program
- Be planning to continue with a Santa Fe College (SF) bachelor’s program in STEM after earning an A.A. or A.S. degree from SF, or be planning to transfer to the University of Florida (UF), Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) or another historically black college or university (HBCU) at the end of two years.
- Be a member of an underrepresented demographic
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Submit the application by the Sept. 28 deadline.
An SFID number is required to apply for this scholarship. Students who do not have the required ID number may get one by completing the free Santa Fe College admission application.