Congressman Cliff Stearns is hosting a free Homeowner Workshop designed to help homeowners experiencing mortgage difficulties or facing foreclosure, as well as those considering buying their first home. It’s scheduled for 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, July 30 at the Northwest campus of Santa Fe College, 3000 NW 83rd St., in Buidling R, room 01, and is open to the general public. Light refreshments will be served.
For those facing mortgage problems or foreclosure:
- Mortgage crisis counseling
- Consumer credit counseling
- Foreclosure prevention counseling
- Community Block Grant funding
For those buying their first home:
- Federal Housing Authority lending
- On-site pre-qualifying
- Counseling for first-time homebuyers
For additional information about the workshop, visit http://www.house.gov/stearns/. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to 800-888-7743.
Gainesvlle Sun article