Below are just a few upcoming Continuing Education classes Santa Fe College is offering for Spring 2011:
- NEW! Introduction to Geographic Information Science (GIS) – Taught by Dr. Heidi Lannon, this class meets four Tuesdays from March 15 to April 5, 6-9 p.m. at SF’s Northwest campus in E-103. The fee is $349. Description: This class will assist the professional who wants an introduction to GIS, or anyone who would like to learn the basics. Basic computer skills are required but no prior GIS experience is necessary.
- NEW! Grant Writing 101: Myths vs. Reality In Securing A Grant – This class meets three Thursdays, Feb. 17-March 3, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the SF CIED, 530 W. University Ave. in room DB-117. The fee is $249. Description: Introduction to the world of grants, covering grant writing basics, including general guidelines, language, statement of need, cover letter, executive summary, evaluation, budget, and more.
- NEW! The Next Step Business & Event Management – This class meets four Mondays, Feb. 2 –Mar. 21 (no class Mar. 7), from 6-8 p.m. at the SF CIED, 530 W. University Ave., room DB-117. The fee is $249. Description: This course is designed to provide you with instruction and beginning basics to develop the skills expected of meeting and event planners in the non-profit or corporate world.
- NEW! Basic Travel Career Development – This class meets five Wednesdays, March 2 to April 6 (no class March 9), from 6-8 p.m. SF-CIED, 530 W. University Ave. in room DB-117. The fee is $189. Description: This course will assist in readying professionals to take the national Travel Agency Proficiency (TAP) exam through the Travel Institute, which measures entry-level knowledge of the tourism industry.
- MS Word 2007 – Level 1 – This class meets three Thursdays, Feb. 10, 17, 24, from 5:45-8:25 p.m. at SF’s Northwest campus in room C-114. The fee is $149. Description – This course is for the novice who wants to learn how to use tools in Word. Gain basic word processing skills and learn the correct use of formatting techniques while creating tables, letterhead, bulleted/numbered lists, flyers, or other professional documents.
- MS Excel 2007 – Level 1 – This class meets three Tuesdays, Feb. 15, 22 and March 1 at the Northwest campus,C-118. The fee is $149. Description – This course is for the beginner who wants to learn how to use tools in Excel. Gain basic spreadsheet skills and learn the correct use of formatting techniques while creating worksheets with data, charts, and lists.