The 5th Annual Evening of Jazz will take place at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17 in the new Fine Arts Hall. These great performances are brought to the Santa Fe community by the Fine Arts department and director Steve Bingham.
The following is a list of musical selections and featured vocalists.
Santa Fe Jazz Combo
- Featured vocalists Courtney Powers and Ryan Jones, singing “I Won’t Dance” by Jerome Kern, written by Oscar Hammerstein II and Otto Harbach
- Courtney Powers singing “Love For Sale” by Cole Porter
- Jazz Combo will perform “Billies Bounce” by Charlie Parker and “Jive Samba” by Nat Adderley
Santa Fe Rhythm and Blues
- Featured vocalist Benny Cannon performing Stevie Winwoods’ “Roll With It, Baby,” and “Gimme Some Lovin'”
- Performing Stevie Winwoods’ “Roll With It, Baby” and “Gimme Some Lovin,'” Otis Reddings’ “Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay,” and “Them Changes” by Buddy Miles
Santa Fe Big Band
- Featured vocalist Alix Williams singing “It’s Almost Like Being In Love,” written by Alan Jay Lerner, music by Frederick Loewe
- Featured vocalist Marco Lemmon singing “For Once In My Life,” written by Ron Miller, music by Orlando Mudren, and the arrangement is adapted by Jerry Sheppard taken from Michael Buble’s Big Band
- The band will perform “The Jazz Police” by Gordon Goodwin, “Blue Miles” by Chick Corea, “Tiger of San Pedro” by John LaBarbera, “Street Music” by Fred Sturm, and “Whiplash” by Hank Levy, arranged by Erik Morales.
The tickets for all Santa Fe Fine Arts Hall performances are $15 for the main floor, $12 for the balcony, $9 for seniors, UF students with ID, and children under 12. Santa Fe faculty, staff, and students are free with ID. Tickets are available online at www.sfcollege.edu/finearts. If you are getting a free ticket with your ID, you must pick it up at the Santa Fe Box Office, which is open 2 hours before the performance.
For more information about this performance, please email Steve Bingham at email@example.com.