A message from the Santa Fe College Police Department:
Members of the SF Police Department will be working 24/7 during the holidays. However, please take the following steps to help us in keeping our personnel, Campus, and Centers safe.
- Ensure that all expensive and portable items are secured and placed in recorded locations prior to closing buildings during the holidays. Examples: LCD projectors, laptop computers, cameras, microscopes, etc. Golf carts should be secured in the D Building compound or secured.
- Do not leave monies anywhere, even in locked desk drawers.
- Advise all employees who are not regularly scheduled to work during the break to contact the police if they are going to be on any campus during the time the college is closed. As a reminder, student monitors are not allowed access to buildings.
- Lost property should be reported to police. Found items should be turned in to the police department when found and not stored in any other building.
- Unplug space heaters and turn off electronics to reduce fire hazards.
- Notify police immediately regarding suspicious activity, persons, information, or conditions. Phone 395-5555 in an emergency and 395-5519 for all other matters. The police front desk in Building T will always be staffed.
While away from Santa Fe College, practice personal safety. Be aware, secure your residences and especially your cars, and again, call police for anything suspicious.