Student Affairs hosts a professional development workshop on “Working With Student Veterans at SF.” As the student veteran population on campus increases, it is imperative that faculty and staff understand the issues, concerns and strengths that this diverse portion of the student body brings to our campus. The workshop will cover:
- Demographic Trends Among Student Veterans
- Student Veteran Strengths: Security, GPA, Degree Attainment and Transfer to UF
- Student Veterans’ Issues: Needs, Problems and Concerns
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Best Practices in Serving Student Veterans
- Resources for Student Veterans
- Student Veteran Panel Q&A
Presenters include Sandra Torres-Pintos, John Gebhardt, a panel of student veterans and a mental health professional from Veterans Affairs.
The 90-minute session will be held twice to maximize attendance.Times are 2-3:30 p.m. Thursday, March 28, and 10-11:30 a.m. Friday, March 29, both in S-29/30.
For more information, contact Sandra Torres-Pintos at email@example.com.