Tuesday September 3
- Nursing Student Organization General Meeting
- We will discuss upcoming events for the new year, including Just Shoe It, Five points of Life, tabling and March of Dimes. This meeting will be every third Tuesday from noon – 1 p.m. in WA-104.
- Society for Nerds Meetings
- Society for Nerds will meet Tuesday from 3:15 – 4:15 p.m. in S-318.
- Polished Professionals Club Meetings
- Polished Professionals will meet Tuesday from 2 – 3 p.m. in S-316.
- STEM Fest
- SG Programming and Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers invites you to join in this fun event dedicated to STEM fields. Come listen to a speaker, take part in a photo-scavenger hunt, and participate in trivia. You will enjoy learning about fun scientific experiments! This event will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the Oak Grove.
Wednesday, September 4
- Phi Theta Kappa Club Meeting
- Phi Theta Kappa will meet Wednesday from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. in B-12.
- UF Admissions Information Session
- Presented by Melissa Sisk, UF Admissions Officer, in the UF@Santa Fe Center (HA132) from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Drop-ins are welcome. Immediately following this session will be a presentation on writing the personal essay for the UF application from 3:30 – 4 p.m.
- Queer Straight Alliance Meetings
- Queer Straight Alliance will meet Wednesday from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. in S-316.
- UF Application Presentation: Writing the Personal Statement
- Learn tips and strategies for producing a thoughtful, well-written essay that will complement the rest of your application and highlight experience and background favorably. Presented by Jorie Scholnik in the UF@Santa Fe Center, HA132, from 3:30 to 4 p.m..
- BCM Meeting
- Baptist Collegiate Ministries will meed Wednesday from 11:45 a.m. – 2:15 p.m. in S-149.
Thursday, September 5
- CSC Meeting
- 10 – 11 a.m. in S-326
- Dr. Horrible Night
- Society for Nerds will feature Dr. Horrible Trivia and Costume Contest from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in S-29/30.
- Shadows and Realities: Strategic Issues Between China and the United States
- Bernard Cole, Professor of International History at the National War College, will address a crucial issue in modern American foreign policy. A retired naval officer and Vietnam veteran, Professor Cole is a leading expert on US-Chinese relations as well as Chinese maritime and energy policies. The presentation is free and open to the public, 7 – 8:30 p.m. at the Fine Arts Hall.
- UF College of Health and Human Performance Walk-In Advising
- Four advisors from the College will be providing walk-in advising in two sessions: 9:30-11:30 am, Health Education and Behavior (Holly Moses) & Applied Physiology & Kinesiology (DeEtta Rhodes); 1:30-3:30 p.m., Tourism, Recreation and Sport Management (Dawn Shores) and HHP Online Degree Programs in Health Ed., APK, Sport Mgt (Owen Beatty). All sessions will be held in the UF@Santa Fe Center, HA132.
- Tabling Event
- Global Society will be raising awareness about global issues that are occurring, recruiting new members for the club, and talking about the Millennium Development Goals in the UN. This event will be held from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Building S-Breezeway.
- Volunteer Fair from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in R-01. Meet with 30+ representatives from Gainesville agencies. This event is sponsored by the Office of Civic Engagement and Service.
Friday, September 6, 2013
- Global Society General Meeting
- Global Society will meet Friday from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. in M-140 to discuss events, upcoming conferences, and volunteering opportunities.