Catch the holiday spirit on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving when the Santa Fe Wind Ensemble presents the sixth annual “Winds and the Holidays” concert at 7 p.m. Nov. 26, in the Building E Auditorium. Admission is free and the public is invited. Musicians United, the college’s only on-campus music club, will be raising funds by offering baked goods for donations before and after the evening’s festivities.
The Wind Ensemble is a group of approximately 35 students from all disciplines of the college who play together under the direction of Santa Fe Band Director Steve Bingham. This year’s holiday concert selections include:
- “Greensleeves,” arranged by Alfred Reed
- “When Angels Weep” by David Shaffer
- “Chanukah Is Here,” arranged by Calvin Custer
- “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” arranged by Chris Sharp
- “Celtic Carol,” arranged by Robert W. Smith
- “Adventum” (“O Come, O Come Emmanuel”/“Ukrainian Bell Carol”), arranged by Jared Barnes
- Medley (“Let It Snow”/“I’ll Be Home for Christmas”/ “Home for the Holidays”), arranged by Seth Markham
- “A Christmas Festival” (“Joy To the World”/“Deck the Halls”/“God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen”/“Good King Wenceslas”/“Hark! The Herald Angels Sing”/“Silent Night”/“Jingle Bells”/“Adeste Fideles”) by Leroy Anderson
- “Sleigh Ride” by Leroy Anderson
To add to the festive atmosphere, Musicians United will decorate both sides of the stage with holiday trees that will later be donated to needy families through the “Trees of Life” program at Santa Fe College.
For more information about “Winds and the Holidays,” call Santa Fe College Band Director Steve Bingham at 352-281-4035.