LGBTQIA+ around the world
- São Paulo, Brazil holds the record for the biggest Pride Parade in the world!
- International organizations
- Love and Law Around the World
Student Life Events
- Pride Pet Parade
- Pride Trivia
This Week’s: Week 4 Trivia:
- What was the first state to decriminalized homosexuality?
- Who is considered the Mother of Pride?
- When did Florida legalize same-sex marriage?
- What is the first Central American country to legalize same-sex marriage?
- What is the first Muslim majority country to recognize same-sex marriage?
Week 3 Trivia:
- Where in the world does the largest Pride parade take place? Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Pride month has only been acknowledged by which two presidents? Clinton & Obama
- First openly gay elected official? Elaine Noble
- When is National Coming Out Day? October 11
- When did “don’t ask don’t tell“ end? 2011
Week 2 Trivia Answers:
- Who designed the Pride flag? Gilbert Baker
- What do the colors on the current Pride Flag stand for? Life, Healing, Sunlight, Nature, Serenity, Spirit
- What was the first country to legalize same-sex marriage? The Netherlands
- When was the first gay and lesbian march in Washington? 1965
- What color ribbon was adopted as a symbol for HIV/AIDS awareness? Red
Week 1 Trivia Answers:
- What does Pride month commemorate? The Stonewall Riots
- What year did the American Psychology Association remove homosexuality from its list of mental disorders? 1973
- What do the letters in LGBTQIA+ stand for? Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Plus
- When was same-sex marriage legalized in the U.S.? June 26, 2015
- What was the first state to outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation? Wisconsin