June 26, 2020 – Santa Fe College Vice President for Student Affairs released the following statement to the students concerning services available onine.
Dear SF Student,
As you prepare for the upcoming semester at Santa Fe College, know that the college has made many changes based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health and other appropriate agencies. These changes are designed to enhance safety at the college and include:
- Wearing cloth face coverings (masks)
- Physical distancing
- Remote meetings and
- On-campus office visits by appointment-only.
While your experience with Student Affairs may be different, the staff at the college remain committed to helping you achieve your goals. Some of the technology that we are using to enhance your remote experiences include:
- Digital Lobbies which allow you to pop into virtual offices for service
- Zoom Meetings which allow virtual face-to-face meetings through video conferencing
- Electronic Document Submission allows you to upload or email required documents
- Online Student Engagement through social media contests, fitness and trivia challenges, quizzes, activities, and student recognition
- Virtual Tours allow you to visit and explore SF through an online experience
- Virtual Film Festivals & Virtual Art Galleries allow you to explore the arts online
Additionally, Santa Fe College remains committed to academic excellence and ensuring the educational quality that students have come to expect while offering flexibility for the safety and wellbeing of students. You may choose from the following class formats:
- On campus courses requiring regular attendance
- Online courses with no on campus attendance requirements
- Traditional hybrid courses that combine onsite and online instruction
- Virtualized hybrid courses with no on campus attendance but required virtual attendance on specific days and time using technology like Zoom or Microsoft Teams Additional information can be found on the Online Course Listing page.
Be sure that you have the most current information by visiting www.sfcollege.edu often.