January 19, 2021 – As always and especially amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the health and well-being of the student-athletes is of utmost importance. For that reason, Santa Fe College has implemented new policies in hopes of ensuring a successful season for all teams in the current sports landscape. Amongst other guidelines detailed below, spectators will not be permitted to attend home volleyball or men’s and women’s basketball contests in the SF Gymnasium, while there will be limited capacity attendance at SF baseball and softball events.
The following policies for spectators will be instituted at all home athletic events until further notice. With ever-changing information pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic, these are subject to change as the seasons progress and will be reviewed periodically by campus administration.
- Spectators will NOT be allowed to attend games in the SF gymnasium for men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball contests.
- A limited number of spectators will be allowed to attend home games for the SF baseball and softball teams, with pass lists being utilized for the opposing teams, Santa Fe players and coaches, and other college personnel. Mask wearing and social distancing will be enforced throughout the facilities, and spectators must check-in at the designated areas for a health screening and temperature check before finding a seat.
- To be added to the respective pass list for specific events, family members of SF baseball/softball student-athletes are expected to first communicate with the player regarding home games that they desire to attend. The player will then inform the respective coach, who will communicate with administration appropriately.
- The official pass list will be determined 24 hours before the event, so prior communication is essential to admittance into the baseball/softball facility. Any regular-attendee, member of the Gainesville community, or media member desiring to attend must communicate with Santa Fe College Director of Athletics, Jim Keites, at firstname.lastname@example.org and the Associate Director of Athletics, Jon Erny, at email@example.com.
- While attending a baseball or softball game at Santa Fe College, please adhere to the signage at the fields and abide by all Santa Fe College policies, which are detailed in full here.
Select games will be available for live video and audio via the Saints Sports Network. Saints updates will also be regularly provided via the department’s social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Women’s basketball will be the first team to take the floor, traveling to play Indian River State College on Thursday, Jan. 21 at 5:30 p.m. Volleyball will open their season in the first home event of 2021, hosting Lake-Sumter State College at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 22.
The complete schedules and rosters for all five programs are up-to-date and available at the online home of the Saints, santafesaints.com.