March 4, 2021 – Santa Fe College’s annual Spring into Wellness event began on March 1, 2021 and will run for a total of five weeks. All full and part-time employees are eligible to participate in the Spring into Wellness event. Next week’s focus will be on Physical Wellness and you will have until Monday, March 15, to complete the scheduled activities and submit your confirmation. Below, you will find the list of scheduled activities for Week 2.
More information about the Spring into Wellness event, as well as healthy recipes, new fun fitness ideas, and more, can be found under the Well Santa Fe team on Teams.
WEEK 2: PHYSICAL WELLNESS
- Download a Free Exercise app – Download a free exercise app for your device. Such as free walking, jogging, yoga, palliates, etc. Whatever sparks your interest. Love it, send us a message so that we might share with others.
- Bonus – Employees who are enrolled in one of the college’s three Florida Blue Health Care plans can connect their device or app to earn credit in the Better You Strides reward program.
- Healthier You – Choose at least one of the links below to learn about how you can work toward a healthier you
- Check out the EAP – There are several articles on the EAP about physical fitness. Log on to the EAP and read an article on one of the below topics.
- Cardio Training
- Healthy Activities
- Low-impact Training
- Weight Training
- Get FIT – You will find the Wellness bingo card on Teams in the Well Santa Fe team. Complete any activities to spell FIT on the bingo card.
There is still time to submit your activities for Week 1 and qualify for the weekly drawing. As a reminder, each week participants must choose two activities from the scheduled events as well as perform some type of physical activity. The physical activity may be walking, participating in a workout video, horseback riding, swimming, gardening, running, lifting weights or any other form of physical activity and will be confirmed via a selfie. Please remember, we recommend that you consult your physician or other health care professionals before engaging in or increasing any kind of exercise.
Once you have completed the scheduled events and your physical activity for the week, send your selfie and confirmation of the completed events by email to Human.Resources@sfcollege.edu. Employees who submit confirmation of their participation in two of the week’s events as well as their selfie, will be entered into that week’s drawing and the grand prize drawing (maximum five entries per employee).