June 30, 2021 – Inspired by an Australian-founded initiative, Plastic Free EcoChallenge is a 31-day international challenge to raise awareness about the problems with plastic, to provide opportunities to learn about reducing and refusing plastics where possible, and to encourage individuals to create small changes that have a huge impact.
Throughout July, participants use the EcoChallenge platform, which offers the opportunity to choose actions to reduce their single-use plastic.
Participants join the “SF Teaching Zoo Zero Wasters” team, and choose actions they pledge to take during the month of July. Each challenge category has a variety of actions, from watching videos, writing letters, changing daily behaviors or simply pledging to pick up trash. Teams are able to see their collective impact throughout the month and track other teams to encourage healthy competition.
Visit our Facebook and Instagram for #PlasticFreeFridays every Friday throughout July!
1)Sign up for the SF Teaching Zoo Zero Wasters team
2) Select your actions and get prepared to create new habits all month long!
3) Starting July 1, 2021, log into the EcoChallenge Dashboard daily to record which daily and/or one-time actions you completed to earn points and help the team move up in the rankings.
4) Be amazed as you change your plastic usage and create more sustainable habits!
You can join the team at any time throughout July.
Team Member Benefits
1) All team members will receive $1 off zoo admission throughout the month of July.
2) All team members will receive discounts at Life Unplastic.
3) Opportunity to earn prizes
4) Invitation to a Zero Waste Gainesville presentation.
5) Encouragement and tips from team captains throughout the month.
1) The first 25 team members who earn 125 points will receive one free adult admission to the SF Teaching Zoo
2) The first 25 team members who earn 200 points will receive 10% off a gift shop purchase at the SF Teaching Zoo
3) The top three point earners will receive a gift card to Life Unplastic.
4) The top 10 point earners at the end of each week will receive entries into a drawing for Life Unplastic gift cards. The drawing will take place at the end of the challenge.