March 4, 2022 – Santa Fe College will be predominantly closed for spring break beginning Monday, March 7. There will, however, be select student services holding limited hours during the break. Here are a few things to remember before turning out the lights:
- SF employees who are not working during the break should create an automatic out-of-office email reply indicating that you will be out of the office during spring break.
- SF employees who are not working during the break should also place an out-of-office voicemail message on their phones. If you need instructions for changing your voicemail, ask around your department or check out the online instructions for your phone. There is a list of phones installed on campus on the ITS website: https://www.sfcollege.edu/its/hardware/index.
- Make sure you remove any perishable items from office refrigerators and take them home with you. You may also want to consider taking any plants you keep in the office home as well.
- Sunday, March 13, (the day before we return from spring break) is the start of daylight saving time. Although most smartphones will automatically update the time, if you use an alarm clock – or if you have a timer on your coffee maker, be sure to move your clocks forward one hour, or you will find yourself showing up one hour late and completely uncaffeinated Monday, March 14.
- Before coming to the Northwest Campus or any of the SF centers during the break, contact the SFPD on the non-emergency line at 352-395-5519. The SF Police Department is open 24/7 and will remain operational during the break.
The college will resume all standard operations Monday, March 14, 2022.
Have a happy and safe spring break!