September 29, 2023 – SF Student Affairs hosted the 11th Annual Student Affairs Symposium on Sept. 22, 2023. After a presentation from urban educator, Harvard fellow and author of “How to Navigate Your Life” Tim Klein, several college employees received recognition for their work.
“Staff members across the college are engaging in very impactful work,” Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Naima Brown said. “The Symposium allows us an opportunity to celebrate the team members, while we learn together and connect with one another.”
Members of the Student Affairs Leadership Team announced the awards in their respective areas. Santa Fe College President Dr. Paul Broadie II and Dr. Brown presented the awards:
- Colin Benner: Gold Star Award in Financial Aid
- Sara Blanc: Student Affairs Excellence Award
- Palenthia Boswell: Student Affairs Excellence Award.
- Naeema Britton: Outstanding Service to Students Award
- Karen Elliott: Excellence in International Education Award
- Quinten Eyman: Outstanding Contribution to Higher Education Award
- Tyler Hagin: Outstanding Service to Students Award
- Joseph Haughton: Student Affairs Excellence Award g
- Ilsa Hernandez: Outstanding Service, Vision & Leadership Award
- Alisha D. Hunt: Outstanding Leadership Award
- Marina Jordan: Outstanding Service to Students Award
- Dr. Ritsa Mallous: Outstanding Advising Administrator Award
- Nick McMillen: Distinguished Service Award on behalf of Student Veterans
- Chris Mowry: Athletic Service Award
- Takela D. Perry: Outstanding Advising Award
- Kimberley J. Smith: Meritorious Award on behalf of Students with Disabilities
- Kimberly A. Smith: Outstanding New Advisor Award
- Johnny Wiggs: Athletic Service Award
- Renee Williams: Distinguished Service Award
In addition to individual recipients, three offices also received special recognition:
- Student Life: Resilience Award
- SF Office of Finance: Best Partner Award
- SF Learning Commons: Best Partner Award
Finally, The Student Affairs Lifetime Achievement Award, the highest honor bestowed by Student Affairs upon an individual, was presented to JoAnn Wilkes.
For information about Student Affairs, visit https://www.sfcollege.edu/studentaffairs/.