This week, Santa Fe College is launching an online suicide prevention training for all students, faculty, and staff.
QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) training helps participants recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and then question, persuade, and refer someone to help.
The first 2,000 people to complete the online course will receive a $25.00 Walmart gift certificate.
Steps to Complete the Training & Earn A Gift Certificate
- Go to qprtraining.com/setup
- Enter SFC
- Select Create Account
- Complete and submit the registration form using your SF email account
- QPR will display and email you your newly created Username and Password.
- Check your college email account and use the new username and password to log in for the training
- Complete the pre-test, course material, and post test
- Print your certificate
- Check your email. Within 3 business days, you will have an email from email@example.com on where to pick up your $25 Walmart gift card.
Things To Know Before Beginning The Training
- The training program will take approximately one hour.
- Speakers or Headphones are required.
- You must turn off your popup blocker.
- You may stop and start it as you like.
Reasons To Take The Training
- Prepare yourself to intervene and prevent suicide
- Invest in your own personal and professional development
- Strengthen your resume
- Earn a $25 Walmart gift card
For more information, please contact Brian Stanton at firstname.lastname@example.org