The Model United Nations team will be trick or treating on campus this week in order to raise funds for UNICEF. UNICEF is a special United Nations agency dedicated to helping poor children in 150 countries access healthcare, education, clean water and emergency services. What can your donations achieve?
- 50 cents can immunize one child against polio for life
- 80 cents can immunize a child against measles
- $1.05 can provide a child with a pencil, pad and a pen for school
- $5 can provide a box of 100 disposable syringes for use during immunizations
- $10 can provide one insecticide-treated mosquito net to protect a child against malaria
- $15 can buy one carton of high-energy protein biscuits to feed three severely malnourished children for one month
In addition to trick or treating on campus, the Model United Nations team will sell breakfast items from 8 a.m.-noon on Friday in P breezeway. All proceeds will be donated to UNICEF. Last year, our school raised $750 for this cause. Please help us surpass this fundraising goal this year.
~submitted by Professor Vilma Fuentes